Kitsap CrossFit is proud to announce the return of the Summer Strength & Conditioning Camp for High School athletes. This camp is a summer long focus on maximizing athletic potential. This program is the perfect launching pad to a successful fall sports season. It is also an outstanding opportunity for young athletes to develop skills necessary to improve performance in all facets of athletics regardless of season. Our primary goal is to deliver athletes to their first day of practice at the end of the summer in the best shape of their lives and chomping at the bit to kick off the most successful season ever!
The Summer Strength & Conditioning Camp has been specifically designed to improve capacity across all 10 recognized elements of fitness and athletic performance:
The Summer Strength & Conditioning Camp will employ elements of powerlifting, olympic weightlifting, gymnastics and sprint training to achieve desired results. Athletes will receive detailed and personalized coaching in each and every training session. In addition to elite level training principles a heavy emphasis will be placed on optimizing nutrition for athletic performance as well as lifelong health and well being. Specific goals and objectives are established to ensure success.
Participating athletes will:
1. Develop a foundation of fitness that will prepare them to excel at their sport
2. Understand how seemingly complex training principles can be incorporated into daily sports conditioning for all athletes
3. Receive nutrition education to support improved athletic performance and optimal recovery, as well as lifelong health
4. Learn to push beyond their expectations to channel a level of physical and mental strength that will provide benefits extending beyond the athletic arena
5. Develop a strong sense of community with athletes from a variety of sports and learn to benefit from each other’s experiences.
6. Most importantly, have an absolute blast all summer long, while gaining the upper hand on the competition.
The Program Director is Dan Hollingsworth, a board certified specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and NATA-BOC Certified Athletic Trainer. Dan also holds a Level 2 CrossFit Trainer certificate and USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance certification. Additional coaching staff have specialty training in Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, gymnastics, nutrition and endurance training. This is hands down the most qualified staff on the peninsula.
June 25 - August 29, 2013
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:00 – 2:00pm
Champions are forged in the off-season