In 25 min work up to
3 Rep max Thruster
3 Rep max weighted pull-up
2 min Drill (1 min of each, no rest between)
Post loads and reps to comments.
10 Reason’s Why you should take more notice of what a female coach has to say
(I know I don’t have to tell you all this, but at KCF we have been blessed to have some KICK ASS female coaches. There is not a single lady coach at the box that I wouldn’t want to have by my side coaching me through just about any WOD. CrossFit London has solved the riddle of why female coaches are so damn good at what they do.)
I have been a fitness professional for give or take 10 years. I started in humble beginnings in a council gym in South-East London.
Fitness is still pretty male dominated but back then even more so. I remember walking into the weights section of the gym and feeling like a freak. Heaven forbid that I actually tried to give one of the guys a few lifting tips.
Since moving to CrossFit and in particular CrossFit London I have never been around so many strong female coaches and I love it.
This is my ode to all female coaches out there. I know how hard you have had to worked and want to shout out why having lady parts probably makes her a better coach.
- Unlike most male coaches she is more likely to have had to prove her worth around the gym/box, which typically is pretty much a male dominated place of work. -I bet she can banter like the best of them.
- She has had to work hard for every inch of upper-body strength and knows exactly how it feels to be chasing that elusive pull up or ring dip. -Give her the respect she deserves.
- Further to point 2; She is more likely going to have that drill or tip to get you there as she has had to hunt for it herself. Lets face it if you have never had to fight for a skill then how do you know the easiest and best way to get clients there???
- Her first venture into the weights section of a gym was a pretty intimidating experience. Stop the press girls can lift weights too! This makes her the beginners best friend.
- Being a girl can be a raw deal at times; I wont go too deep but trust me periods, pregnancy, labour and breast feeding aren’t a walk in the park and you have never heard of girl flu have you??? This makes your female coach way tougher and far more resilient for it.
- Pound for Pound she can probably lift a lot more then her male counterparts and with a touch more grace and finesse.
- She is more likely to focus you on technique and form before lifting heavy. Pound for pound you lift better and more if you spend more time getting this right, which explains point 6. (Hand on heart boys you love to jump to the heavy weight- I am not trying to be mean)
- She has way less ego then her male counterparts, which make her far more approachable to ask that question you feel sounds silly.
- Her inner mother means she wants to nurture your talent and encourage you rather then shout in your face when you don’t get it right for the hundredth time. This doesn’t mean she is a puss, more like that motivating but strict teacher you had at school.
- Because of all of the above, because she has busted her proverbial balls to get where she is, because she has built herself up from nothing and can sure as hell do the same for you. She is certainly not the soft touch in the gym/box.