April 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Monday 04/16/12

Spring Clean-up Challenge Part 1
Clean & Jerk 1 Rep max

Post max load to comments.

Is it just me or does it look like Shawn is squatting Jessica?

Spring Clean-up Challenge Day 1: The Easy Day

Well folks, it’s here. The start of the 2012 Spring Clean-up Challenge. Many of you probably lost some sleep over the weekend worrying about today. Trust me when I say, “It’s going to be easier than you think.” The first day of all of these challenges is usually a breeze. We all enter these things with positive energy and high hopes and that makes the first day or two exciting and easy. That’s a good thing, but I will warn you that in a few days, things may not seem so easy. If you have any ounce of a sugar addiction, day 3 of kicking the habit may be kind of rough. The keys are to know what to expect and also set yourself up for success. I sent out handouts to all who attended the seminar on Saturday. If you weren’t at the seminar but would like the handouts, just let me know and I’ll get them to you. The handouts are full of ideas that can help set you up for success.

Today, is also the first part of the performance portion of the 2012 Spring Clean-up Challenge. We’ll be hitting 1 Rep Max Clean & Jerks today and tomorrow will be the metcon portion. If you are not able to attend one of these days, let a coach know and we will get you scheduled at another time this week. You also need to be weighed and measured this week and start your food logs. Food logs must be turned in complete in order to be eligible for compliance points. Last but definitely not least, you must pay this week also. The fee to enter the challenge is $25 and the pay out is yet to be determined (convince your friends to enter to sweeten the pot).

The next 6 weeks are going to be very enlightening, pun intended. As I stated on Saturday, we have never had anybody complete one of these challenges and be disappointed for having done it. Rely on those around you to help you through the dark days, that’s why we’re here. Also know that good things await you on the other side.

• CFE WOD- 5:10, 5:12, 5:20ish (clock malfuntion)

Home WOD- Moved over 300 pavers, only took 5 trips with 2 trucks

Posted by: Scott 6:45 am on April 17th, 2012
  • JM – 165#. PR
    Carine – 90.5#. PR

Great vibe tonight at the 4 pm!

Posted by: JM and Carine 8:47 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • 205# C&J…PR!

Posted by: Shawn T 8:43 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • 255# clean and jerk (10# pr)
    260# clean (5# pr)

Posted by: Chris 8:04 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • 200# PR…I’ve jerked 185 out of the rack, only cleaned 165 before tonight, I was very happy with it!! Nice job today everybody, including Derek and Ross who both PR’d and just kept making me push my limits tonight!!

Posted by: Tim D. 7:59 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • 200 lb – a pr!

Posted by: Derek 7:31 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • 115.5 C&J PR. Cleaned 118 a couple of times but not even close on the jerk.

There were so many impressive lifts tonight. Huge weights from Kim and Shannon (140s, I think), and huge improvements from so many others. Nice work!

Posted by: Joni 7:11 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • #108 PR

Posted by: Christine J 6:46 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • 230# PR

Posted by: Capt. Paleo 4:32 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • Tied my PR at 217.5#. Had 220# locked out but couldn’t stand it up from the split. Pumped to see all the PR’s today. Strong work KCF!

Posted by: Dan 4:11 pm on April 16th, 2012
  • Ty- text me if your not gonna make it. Otherwise will see you there 360-265-5187

Posted by: scott 11:50 am on April 16th, 2012
  • 105.5# It was my first time performing this lift, so that makes it a PR, right?!

Posted by: Jessica M. 11:17 am on April 16th, 2012
  • 190# – 25# PR. When I win the nutrition challenge nobody better accuse me of cheating on the clean & jerk.

Posted by: Alan 10:37 am on April 16th, 2012
  • I plan to be at the NK HS track at 7 tonight(run wk2). Providing work does not go overtime

Posted by: Ty 9:10 am on April 16th, 2012
  • 185#PR. I AM going to learn to perform this lift.

Posted by: Ty 9:06 am on April 16th, 2012
  • Week 2 of the CrossFit Endurance training

Swim: 6 x 2:00 TT, rest 4:00 between each effort
    Bike: 7 x 3:00, spin/rest 3:00, hold highest average distance possible across all sets
    Run: 3 x 1200m, rest 3:00, hold efforts within 3-5 seconds

Posted by: Dan 7:22 am on April 16th, 2012
  • 255#

Posted by: Tcubed 6:18 am on April 16th, 2012
  • 185# HELL YEAH!

Posted by: Robb 5:20 am on April 16th, 2012
  • Shawn didn’t look like he had enough weight, so I climbed on up!
    I’m looking forward to the challenge!!

Posted by: Jessica M. 8:39 pm on April 15th, 2012