March 14, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Thursday 03/15/12

CrossFit Games Open Workout 12.4

12 min AMRAP
150 Wall balls (20#/14#)
90 Double unders
30 Muscle-ups

Post number of completed reps to comments.

KCF Athlete Profile – Heather P.

Age: 37

Occupation: Teacher

First CrossFit WOD: I think it had thrusters…I might have just done the bar.

First thought after First CrossFit WOD: I am not good enough to hang with this crowd…I must work harder.

Before CrossFit I did: typical gym stuff, running, triathlons.

Favorite CrossFit exercise: I love the long cardio stuff…or the Hero WODS.

Least favorite CrossFit exercise: Snatch..such an awkward move for me. I end up hurting myself b/c my form is terrible with Snatch.

I love Kitsap CrossFit because: I feel a sense of community. I know most peoples’ names and they know mine. People cheer for one another and genuinely care how you are doing. When I see fellow crossfitters in public, we speak to each other…weird I know. At my old gym, people would seem vaguely familiar but I didn’t know anyone well enough to talk to them in public.

Most surprising accomplishment: I am getting stronger every day. I was most surprised the day I deadlifted 205 lbs… I have recently conquered the 20 inch box and double unders.

Short Term Goals: I would love to get a pull up. It is getting in my way of being able to do WODS as prescribed.

Long Term Goals: I have already achieved so much more than I ever thought possible that it is hard for me to set a long term goal. I hope to be able to do more workouts as prescribed by increasing my clean, snatch, and pull ups. I also hope to be able to climb the unknotted rope.

Hobbies: I enjoy being outside running, walking, hiking. I enjoy bike riding and hanging out with my wonderful hubby and kiddos. Our weeks are so scheduled, that I like to relax as much as possible on the weekends. I also love to cook and try new recipes.

Favorite food: Love Thai food and Italian food. I also love Brandi Exharos’ Paleo Brownies…I have made them a few times and we all gobble them up. I am learning how to cook more Paleo friendly options and have been experimenting with new veggies like kale, chard, beets, etc….some are okay…some are NOT!

Freestyle: (share something interesting we haven’t covered) In high school, I went to Spain as a foreign exchange student twice. That experience has really shaped me as a person. I loved exploring a new country, learning language and culture. It was that experience that led me to want to teach Spanish. I work at Vinland as part of the Spanish biliteracy program and I LOVE my job. Being able to speak to kids in Spanish and have them soak it all up is so awesome. They beg for more. Eric and I went to Italy a couple years ago and I can’t wait to travel to Spain again as an adult. I would love to someday get my Ph.D in language studies…after my kids are grown and my body is worn out from Crossfit (then maybe I’ll have time to go back to school). Right now, I live in the present. I enjoy my job, family, and the box!!

• 253rx

Posted by: Chris 9:43 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • 240 and a muscle up “attempt” :)

Posted by: Derek 7:42 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • Great profile Heather, I’m sure being a foreign exchange student had to have been an amazing experience! Awesome job to everyone that attacked 12.4 today, 150 wall balls is NO JOKE. Gonna work on double unders for a couple of days and give it another go on Sunday. I refuse to let a rope beat me!

Posted by: Mike 7:27 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • I love cross fitting wit you Heather! You always push me to try harder! Good luck on the games wod today!

Posted by: Monica 5:20 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • Way to go Heather! Awsome profile!

Posted by: Heather B. 3:34 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • Holy wall balls-that was tough. Pretty sure all I’ve ever done with the 14# ball is sit on it! Hoped to get to try a few double unders but not quite. Thanks for counting & encouraging me, Scott. Awesome job on your first wall balls! Heather I love working out with you! Great profile. So happy the girls are having fun together in the kids class too.

Posted by: Tracie 1:53 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • Heather – I can’t imagine the box without you and your family. Always fun to do a WOD with you, ride with you, cook with you – you make everything more enjoyable! We’re pretty close in ability, so I appreciate the extra little push you give me. And I’m going to give you an extra push to nail those pull-ups. If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Posted by: Joni 12:24 pm on March 15th, 2012
  • Heather, Didn’t I see you do a DH pull up last Saturday with no bands? Nice!

Posted by: Viki 8:57 am on March 15th, 2012
  • Heather you are a rock star!

Posted by: Landa 7:49 am on March 15th, 2012
  • Go Heather!!! Thanks for your positive attitude and overall friendliness. I love working out with you and being part of the box community – which YOU create.

Posted by: Beth 7:47 am on March 15th, 2012
  • 240 reps in my garage. 3 minutes left and no MU’s If I was at the box Im sure I could do better.

Posted by: Ross 7:38 am on March 15th, 2012
  • Heather, hasn’t anyone told you you are never too old for crossfit? You’ll have to work your school schedule around crossfit! And I doubt your body will be worn out! Luv knowing more about you:)

Posted by: Girl Corri 7:13 am on March 15th, 2012
  • Great profile Heather! I love working out with you, always encouraging and fun. Awesome getting to know the details in your life:)

Posted by: Rochelle 6:06 am on March 15th, 2012
  • interesting getting to know you…..love all the tid bits people have to share…you went to Spain I went to Switzerland.

Posted by: Marla 12:52 am on March 15th, 2012