March 1, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Friday 03/02/12

15 min of Handstand practice

Then:
5 Rounds
15 Wall Balls (20#/14#)
5 Dumbbell Hang power cleans (50#/35# each hand)

Post time to comments.

Power Hour:
Zercher Lift – work up to a 3rep max

Then:
“Lipson”
21-15-9
Back Squat (185/125)
KB swings (53/35)

Tim R, monkeying around at the Family WOD.

THIS is Why We Love CrossFit!

Thursday was an absolutely amazing day at the box. CrossFit Games Open Workout 12.2 was unleashed and the members of Kitsap CrossFit rose to the occasion!

I know many people, myself included, were a bit intimidated by this WOD. We all knew we could get through the first round easily, most could get through the 2nd, but it was that 3rd round of 30 that really got into our heads. Well, I could not be more proud of what transpired. We had 3 women finally break the triple digit snatch barrier (Stephanie B, Brandi E, and Amy H). Not only that, but they amassed 11 total reps at 100# and that’s after having already done 60 snatches. On the men’s side we had Derek B and Tim D cranking out not only their first ever 135# snatches, but then continuing on to snatch the weight for double digit reps. Let’s not forget the 3 guys who broke the 70 rep domain. There were tons of other PR’s from Shelly G, Jen B, Tony S, and I’m sure several others that I have missed. Suffice it to say, it was a DAMN GOOD DAY!

THIS is why we love CrossFit. No, not because folks snatch good weights and help the team in the Affiliate Cup race. Because this program helps people accomplish things they never in their lives would have imagined they could do. That’s downright empowering. Think of all the things you have done at KCF – climb a rope, do a pull-up, deadlift 1.5x bodyweight, run a sub 8 minute mile, completed 200 push-ups, clean & jerked your bodyweight…and the list goes on. How amazing is that? Two and a half years in and I still get goosebumps everytime somebody conquers something they didn’t think they could do. I LOVE THAT!!

• A huge thanks to Tim D & Tony for timing, counting, coaching & encouraging me today! It was a 15# pr for me!!! Angela you can do it!!!!

Posted by: Tracie 9:10 pm on March 2nd, 2012
  • Hit 12.2 again after the wall ball WOD – 9 rep improvement to 51! Just like Ross, what was my 1 rep max yesterday is now my my 21 rep max..pretty sweet :)

Posted by: Derek 6:18 pm on March 2nd, 2012
  • 12.2 (v2.0) 68 reps. I guess I should have been happy with yesterday’s numbers. Thanks for the cheers

Posted by: Tcubed 5:47 pm on March 2nd, 2012
  • 77 reps, (Masters weight) today for me. Lauriel great job of coaching and counting. Plus nice work on WOD #2. A few people yelled a few things out that helped me today (1)keep the bar close and (2)use your legs each came at a very good time. thank you!

Posted by: dave 3:23 pm on March 2nd, 2012
  • This is totally AWESOME! You should have seen Amy’s little dance after she put that 100 pounder!!! I got closer to putting up 100…next time it WILL GO UP!!! Thanks to EVERYONE for EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Corri O. 1:44 pm on March 2nd, 2012
  • 52 reps on 12.2 today. Thanks for all the extra energy. 135# was my 1 rep max. Now its my 22 rep max.

Posted by: Ross 10:51 am on March 2nd, 2012
  • This is one of the things I love most about CrossFit. Even when I don’t know if I can do something, there is always someone there who believes in me more than I do and that gives me the courage to at least try! It’s such an empowering feeling to find out that yes I can climb that rope or do that handstand! Who knew?!

Posted by: Angela 10:31 am on March 2nd, 2012
  • I’ll be there this afternoon to try 12.2! Nervous but can’t wait! I loved watching Joni and Jeremy on Wednesday! Joni – you totally have it! Seeing everyone work so hard and support each other is inspiring! Hope I can get just one at 100#!

Posted by: Kim 10:15 am on March 2nd, 2012
  • Love this post-so very true! Didn’t make it yesterday for 12.2 but hoping for today.

Posted by: Tracie 8:27 am on March 2nd, 2012
  • This is so true! Awesome job to everybody yesterday, without the motivation and push of everybody in the box I wouldn’t have been able to PR…I actually wouldn’t have even thought to attempt to try a snatch! This blog is just one of the reasons I love to go to the box for all of the classes even if I don’t work out everytime. I love being part of the KCF family!! A quick THANK YOU to all of the coaches is also necessary, without them I wouldn’t be able to accomplish a kipping pull-up nevermind clean and jerks and snatches!! Keep up the strong work everybody!!! :)

Posted by: Tim D. 7:43 am on March 2nd, 2012
  • I couldn’t agree more with the “this is why we love CrossFit”!!! So very true! I wish I was there yesterday to see and be a part of all the successes. I hope to make it in today to give the 12.2 WOD a try.

Posted by: Lauriel 6:06 am on March 2nd, 2012
  • Open WOD 12.2 was awesome! Check out the leaderboard for NW men, women, and team and you’ll see some familiar names near the top. I bet even those who aren’t at the top pulled off something they didn’t know they had in them. Still holding out hope that I can come up with a spare 15 pounds in the next few days. :)

Posted by: Joni 10:47 pm on March 1st, 2012