January 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Wednesday 01/04/12

15 min AMRAP
6 Man makers (35#/25# dumbbells)
6 Broad jumps (6′/4′)
6 Deficit handstand push-ups (4″/2″)

Post number of completed rounds and reps to comments.

Relative KCF newcomer, Max, gets down with some groiners.

The Biggest Loser Season 13

I have not hidden my disdain for the reality show The Biggest Loser. I have posted a few times on what I think is problematic with this show, and there are many things that are problematic. This season, however, there may be a good reason to start watching TBL again. Bob Harper, the original TBL trainer has been hitting the Kool-Aid, yes the CrossFit Kool-Aid and he LIKES it. Rumor has it, his team will be CrossFitting on The Biggest Loser campus this season. If you follow Bob Harper on Facebook or on Twitter then you will see just how committed to CrossFit he is. Check out this blog post that shows some of his most recent posts. This is going to be interesting to watch. What do you think, will this be good or bad for CrossFit?

• this WOD was a killer…man! Man who would have thunk!

Posted by: Marla 7:19 pm on January 4th, 2012
  • 4 +17rx

Posted by: Chris 6:32 pm on January 4th, 2012
  • As much as I have a distain for TBL, I am actually glad that Bob is going to bring Crossfit to the show. People view Crossfit as, only the really fit should be doing this, or it’s for total health fanatics. I hope that he is getting good guidance to show people that Crossfit IS for everyone from 8 to 80, that it’s design is to allow even those that have no fitness background, or any weightlifting background to participate. As with everything in life, this is a double edge sword. The fitness moguls that hate Crossfit will also be in the background hoping and praying that the TBL winner will not be one doing Crossfit, so that they can jump on their little soap boxes, and scream, “I told you it wasn’t a great format, it doesn’t work as great as our conventional style.” In a nut shell, even though the world won’t see it this way, the fitness community will, this will be the battle between conventional style workout theories and Crossfit, more so than a battle of contestants!

Posted by: Mark Z 11:58 am on January 4th, 2012
  • Good for them! I am glad The Biggest Loser contestants will finally get a fitness program that actually works. Curious to see if diet recommendations change too.

Posted by: Brandi 8:23 am on January 4th, 2012
  • I agree with Corri. It feels exploitive somehow.

Posted by: Landa 8:14 am on January 4th, 2012
  • I like to see more folks doing crossfit…however…I don’t like the idea of it gaining popularity via dumb reality tv shows…

Posted by: Corri 7:58 am on January 4th, 2012