September 11, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Monday 9/12/11

Bench Press
3-3-3 then reduce load 20% and go for max reps

Pendlay Row
5-5-5 then reduce load 20% and go for max reps

Then:
10 rounds or 7 min AMRAP of “Cindy”
5 Pull-Ups
10 Push-Ups
15 Squats

Post loads and time/rounds to comments.

Taylor pushes it on the run to prepare for the upcoming cross country season.

INTENTION
by Mindi Martinez

“The act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result.”

I intend to eat clean today.
I intend to practice random kindness to people I don’t know well.
I intend to slap a smile on my face and grin and bear it today regardless of what happens.
I intend to get to the gym, even if I really don’t want to because it’s then that I need it the most.
I intend to compete again, even if I know I won’t be number one.
I intend to focus on what’s going right instead of the things that may be falling apart.
I intend to improve my snatch.
I intend to feel awesome about completing the WOD no matter how many ways I may modify.
I intend to focus on improving the list of skills that bring me to my knees.

Do I follow through with every intention, every day?  No.  I’m not perfect.  Besides, the list changes from day to day.  However, I believe having intentions is better than not having any.  It means you are aware of things you want to change or improve and it keeps them in the forefront of your mind.  What are your intentions?

• [...] Intention Featured Coach: Andy Petranek of CrossFit LA Shoulder Analysis Part 1: Biomechanics What it Means to be Muscular Fajita Chicken Salad Paleo is Expensive!! No, It’s Not Staying tight through abs, glutes, and legs creates a more stable handstand. [...]

Posted by: Thursday 9/29/11 | Derby City CrossFit - Louisville, KY 6:01 pm on September 28th, 2011
  • [...] Intention [...]

Posted by: CrossFit Hustle 6:25 am on September 24th, 2011
  • [...] http://www.kitsapcrossfit.com/2011/09/workout/monday-91211/ [...]

Posted by: CrossFit Lazarus Edmonton AB | Thurs Sept 22 wod 6:16 am on September 22nd, 2011
  • only scott would run out of weight for the bench at 300 haha

Posted by: anthony 11:43 am on September 13th, 2011
  • Bench 123#/13@103#
    Pendlay 123#/12@103#
    7+13 on Cindy (it wasn’t super pretty, but I did all butterfly pull-ups today!)

Congrats out to Landa for doing ALL of her pull-ups without a band tonight!!

Posted by: Brandi 8:43 pm on September 12th, 2011
  • Great Job to all the peeps who came to the first ever 4pm class…it totally rocked!! Everybody did awesome, especially on the 7min Cindy…proud to be part of such a motivating and inspiring community…thanks to our casual monday coach too:)!!

Posted by: Coached by Casual Monday 6:47 pm on September 12th, 2011
  • thank you Mindi for the great post.

Posted by: Marla 5:30 pm on September 12th, 2011
  • Represented KCF at Oceanside CrossFit today…20 minute AMRAP 10 deadlifts, 10 hand stand push ups…9 rounds + 7 deads….Hugs and kisses from Melissa, Dave, Katina, Kelly and Laura!

Posted by: Mindi 5:28 pm on September 12th, 2011
  • Bench-300#x6 (all the weight I have)/13@240#
    Pendlay – 220/13@175
    Cindy- 8+3 Squats

Posted by: Scott 5:26 pm on September 12th, 2011
  • Corri… Ahhhh! That’s why! I was glad to see so many volunteers out there in boats. Awesome! I’m a little surprised you didn’t hear us either (we were told that we were LOUD). :)
    Also, big shout-out to Hal this morning for pushing me with the weights and spotting me when I had enough!

Posted by: Caroline 3:26 pm on September 12th, 2011
  • Caroline~ I know…can’t believe I didn’t at least hear you or Jen! I looked for you but had to get going and get ready for work:( I was water support in a kayak so that’s probably why we didn’t see each other.

Posted by: Corri 11:16 am on September 12th, 2011
  • Corri, how were you at the tri and I didn’t see you?!!?!?
    Bench = 108 x 3; 83 for 18 reps
    Pendlay = 108 x 5; 83 for 15 reps
    Cindy = 6 + 3… can barely use my arms to type…

Posted by: Caroline 10:56 am on September 12th, 2011
  • Good Job Tony Tony

Posted by: Corri 10:13 am on September 12th, 2011
  • Sunday TRI: 2:08::55
    Bench- 235#/ 11@ 190#
    Pendaly- 200#/ 7@ 185#
    Cindy- 10 rounds 6:55

Posted by: Tcubed 7:50 am on September 12th, 2011
  • So Mr. Crossfit, how did you do? Thought I saw you in the water, but difficult to know for sure.
    Ross, Sasha is a lovely name:) Have always liked that name…
    Mindy, very good article. It sometimes seems if we don’t follow thru with our “intention (s)” we beat ourselves up…that is when we need to tell ourselves it is ok and we can do it better next time.

Posted by: Corri 7:15 am on September 12th, 2011
  • Tony, I think Mr. Crossfit is a compliment.
    Monica. Thank you for the gift. Sasha is doing great.

205# x 3 on the bench. Then 13@165. 205 was my 1rm. 185# x 3 on the row. Then 11@150.
    6rnds plus 15 on “Cindy” pushups slowed me down. Next time I want 10 rounds like “Mr Crossfit”

Posted by: Ross 7:03 am on September 12th, 2011
  • Just wanted to give a quick shout-out:
    Congrats to Stephanie B and Heather for their work at the Tri Turtle.
    Thanks to the volunteers: Hammetts you know who you are
    And to the “homies”, the support was well timed and much needed
    ps, some lady on the course referred to me as “Mr. Crossfit”, who is starting that rumor? Dont bring that evil down on me…

Posted by: Tcubed 4:18 am on September 12th, 2011