On December 1st we will embark on 100 days of burpees. This has become a challenge between the guys and gals of KCF, and others who have decided to jump on the Burpee Bus. Whichever group has the greatest number of finishers will be declared the winning group. As of this posting the men’s team was at just over 30 members and the women’s team is approaching 60. (Remember, it’s not about how many start, it’s about how many finish).
Here are the Rules:
1. Starting by doing 1 burpee on day 1. Add 1 burpee to your daily total each day for 100 days, finishing with 100 burpees on day 100. So, that means 1 burpee on day 1, 2 burpees on day 2, 3 burpees on day 3…and so on.
2. Burpees do not have to be performed all at one time. You can spread them out through the day as you see fit, you have to do them.
3. If burpees are part of the warm-up, WOD or cool-down, you can count them. Any burpees performed during the day count.
4. If you miss a day, make them up on the following day.
5. If you decide to join the group late, do all of the burpees owed up untl the day you join, and then keep on going.
6. This is about integrity. If you drop out, let us know so we can take your name off the list. We’re talking bragging rights here.
7. Shoot video of you doing burpees in unique places or settings and we’ll post them to the Kitsap CrossFit Facebook Page. If you’re not currently a “fan” of Kitsap CrossFit on Facebook, become one.
The challenge wraps up on March 10th. We’ll be sure to make it memorable.